I have a love/hate relationship with the 2 year old age. I cannot stand the attitude change, demands of independence, hearing "no!" and "I'll do it by myself" thousands of times a day. But I absolutely love when they start pretend play, showing off their amazing imagination, and perfecting their writing ability. Allie is so into the pretend play right now...she will pick random things and they are suddenly a house, car, rollercoaster, castle, etc. We had big storage bins in the playroom from bringing in the Christmas stuff. Allie put her little chair next to one, put her keyboard on top, put her play cell phone and some paper on there and then said she was working at her desk. The armrest on one of our recliners is her car...she uses a piece from one of our board games as her key, puts on her pink heart sunglasses and says we are going to Chuck E. Cheese's house for his birthday party at the river. Like I said, I love it!
I am also amazed at her drawings lately! Her first thing she really knew how to draw consistely is a happy face...about a month ago they looked like this...

Then a couple of weeks ago, she drew this.
Me: Allie, what is that?
Allie: A dancing egg. :)
I about died...this thing is the cutest thing ever! Look at the feet!

Then a couple of days ago she drew this.
Me: Allie, what did you draw?
Allie: That's Zeke.
Me: What are the things on the side there? (assuming they were fur)
Allie: Whiskers. And he's wearing a purple hat.

Again, I about died, and my heart completely melted. For all of you who don't know, Zeke is my first baby...my orange tabby cat. (Notice she even used an orange marker!) I love him to death...now my first born child is drawing him. *Sniff sniff*

Then a couple of weeks ago, she drew this.
Me: Allie, what is that?
Allie: A dancing egg. :)
I about died...this thing is the cutest thing ever! Look at the feet!

Then a couple of days ago she drew this.
Me: Allie, what did you draw?
Allie: That's Zeke.
Me: What are the things on the side there? (assuming they were fur)
Allie: Whiskers. And he's wearing a purple hat.

Again, I about died, and my heart completely melted. For all of you who don't know, Zeke is my first baby...my orange tabby cat. (Notice she even used an orange marker!) I love him to death...now my first born child is drawing him. *Sniff sniff*
No comments:
Post a Comment